Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Art Through a Binocular Lens

Male Moose On the Snake River
Hey Handsome, You Growing a Nice Looking Rack!
Through wildlife guiding, I have discovered that 1) I can still make art while on the job; 2) I can take pretty cool photos (at least I think so); and 3) I am getting mega skilled in taking photos through my binoculars! It has taken some time to gain a steady hand, focus my binoculars and iPhone, and hold the two while trying to take the photo.

But...after you go back and sift through the blurry photos, you can find some gems! I think I have a new artistic medium I like: Binocular Photography! Haha! It's been great taking photos alongside my guests and it's also really cool showing them how to take their own photos through their binoculars or the scope!

Below are some photos taken from my Nikon Monarch 8 x 42 pair of binoculars. You can also do a Search on my blog for 'Binocular Photography' and it will show you all the entires in the blog that have images taken with my binocs or scope (neat huh?!) It has been really cool mastering this (and I still am), but I think I am going to have to admit that I may be searching for a decent 'Point and Shoot' camera. So, all you talented photographers out there, if you know or can recommend a beginner, not so complicated, camera that might suit my needs, suggestions are welcome! Until then, enjoy some nature bino-photography!

TheChristyBel
Male (Red-Shafted) Northern Flicker
Near the Entrance of Moose-Wilson Road (Teton Village Side)
Mountain BlueBird Paid on a Snag
On the Inner Loop Toward RKO Road Junction
Silvery Lupine with the Cathedral in the Background
Near Jenny Lake Loop
In Yellow-Bellied Marmot Nation
Not to be Confused with Meerkat Nation (only cuter)
Near Pilgrim Creek
Barrow's Goldeneye
Such a Sharp Looking Stud!
Found at Moose Overlook on Moose-Wilson Road
Great Blue Heron Having Dinner with a Tiger Salamander
(with the Salamander as the Main Course)
Found at the Moose Overlook on Moose-Wilson Road


No comments:

Post a Comment