Sunday, June 7, 2015

Testing My New Knees...Success!

A Mule Deer Skeleton
This afternoon after my Grand Teton National Park Sunrise Tour, I hiked up the butte that is in back of my friend, Seth's RV. The butte is found south of town on 189 near the Storage Stables. He claimed it would take about 2-hours to get to the top and then back down. Being in a van all the time and driving can do a number of my body; so whenever I am not at work, I am trying to be outside and active as much as possible. So here is a start to getting my outside and active craving: a steep hike up and down a butte! Also, it was a test to see how my physical therapy has been progressing my knees. Well let me tell you, I am sitting at my computer without any pain! Can you believe that?!?! NO PAIN. Sure, there were moments of huffing and puffing up the butte that I could feel my knees working hard and letting me know; but after a few minutes rests and a stretch, I kept on trekking up. Taking it slow back down definitely helped as well. But as I sit here typing up this entry, I can attest there is no pa in my knees. And I am feeling incredibly optimistic about some future summer summiting some Teton mountains!
Cheers!
TheChristyBel

There is a Hole in That Rock!
Indian Paintbrush

See the White Cluster of Parallel Lines?
I hiked from there to that blue dot!
Boom!
My Panoramic View!

No comments:

Post a Comment