Thursday, June 18, 2015

Inspiring Little Naturalists

Remi and I During The Sunset Tour
Working at Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris has been going pretty well so far. We are still picking up with tours and getting busier by the day. What I have noticed is that I am a guide geared towards the children and families groups. I definitely can allow working in environmental education to take responsibility for my good rapport with the younger people. Let me say, I really do still enjoy working and teaching children. This evening, I had a pair of grandparents and their grandson, Remi, on my Sunset Tour. It was super fun. Remi was making a list of all the animals he was seeing during his trip with his grandparents to the Tetons. And I was beyond excited to help him add a few more to his list during the tour. He was super knowledgeable and really into a lot of the natural history we were talking about and seeing. It was really great to see instant engagement and the conversations that were happening with Remi. He is definitely a naturalist in the making! Enjoy some of the photos from today, something I think I am going to call from now on: "Wildlife of the Day." Enjoy!
TheChristyBel

Osprey on the Nest Near Moose-Wilson Road
A Bull Elk Playing Peek-A-Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment