Friday, June 19, 2015

Swarmed by Swallows

Cliff Swallows & Feeding Time
Before Marc, his family, and I headed up to Colter Bay for some kayaking, we stopped at Mormon Row to continue their tour of the Tetons. While Marc and his dad geeked out on photographing the gloriousness and beauty of the Moulton Barns and the Teton Range, I admired all the Cliff Swallows that were constructed with lots of mud along the frames of the infamous Pink House. I did get a little closer than usual to the nests. And when that happened, the swallows started to swarm around me. Marc's mom tried to get a photo of them flying all around me, but it just didn't come out. However, I did get some photos to visually capture how many nests were on this house. There were so many nests with little birds peeking out practically screaming, 'Feed me!' as the adults were flittering in and giving them little snacks of insects. Gross (I know). But it was super cool to get pretty close and observe their feeding session.

TheChristyBel

All Under the Rim of The Pink House

No comments:

Post a Comment