Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Momma Coyote & Kill

Let me tell you, I am absolutely loving my wildlife safaris guiding job with Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris. Today, I was asked to lead my first private tour. Super fun: it was a large group (about 50-people) and so I was one of 5-guides that was helping with this tour. We had heard that the coyote den on Mormon Row had pups and the pups were playing outside of their burrow. So before heading to Signal Mountain for lunch, a few of the guides and I went to go check out the scene. Unfortunately we did not get a lot of viewing time for the little pups, however, one of the guests turned around and called out 'Coyote!' So we all turned around towards the Gros Ventre Range and in the sage was Momma Coyote. She was a beauty! As we watched her, we noticed that her attention was caught by some lunch, a chizzler (or a Uinta Ground Squirrel)! We got to watch her stalk and capture her lunch! It was pretty cool! I even got a bunch of pictures from the moment! The guests were all really impressed that I got these pictures by using my Nikon Monarch 8 x 42 Binoculars and my iPhone! They even asked if I would send them the photos! Of course, I shared!

Enjoy!
TheChristyBel

Step 1:
Making Her Appearance
Step 2:
Crouching Down for the Lunge

Step 3:
Bringing Home the Bacon (I Mean Chizzler)
to Her Pups

No comments:

Post a Comment