Friday, March 20, 2015

Back to Partying With Pioneers

It's Great to Be Back!
You would think that when a graduate student reaches her spring break, she would not work on her Master's paper, get out of the college town, fly to Mexico, and drink margaritas by the pool....nope. TheChristyBel did the opposite - well mostly. For my spring break, I had a long list of edits from my committee to incorporate into my paper, drove to Jackson, and worked all week long (for 8-hours straight) with the most awesome little people and Pioneer Party People! Yep, went back to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for the week. Even though I was 'working,' you are having fun all day long. Sure there are a few moments that are really challenging, annoying, frustrating, tiring, and you just want to go home, but overall, it's one of the best jobs I have had. The instructors and team I have been able to work with are some of the most positive, laid-back, welcoming bunch of gems ever. I received such a loving welcome when I stepped back into the Kids Ranch!

But yea, there was never a dull moment with Pioneers. We had a huge rush of spring break clients from the east coast. And let me tell you...there are days where I do NOT miss that east coast attitude! haha (says the girl with one of the biggest ones!) But, I was able to teach a bunch of little 3-5 year olds how to 'pizza' all day long, cuddled with some of the sweetest and cutest Pioneers, and challenged my amazing working with children skills when they just were not having it.
Oh, not to mention...I met Nina Garcia (from Project Runway) and her little boy! And....I got to meet Sandra Bullock's little boy as well! So star stunned! 
Even though I had been there just a week, it was definitely not enough of a fix of working with little ones and being around a great group of people. I cannot wait for next winter and be able to experience an entire season with them. 
Thanks for some wonderful moments during my breaks from school. I really needed these brain breaks! 

TheChristyBel 

Too . Much . Shredding
Bowl Cut Brotherly Love
One of the Best Cuddlers!
He Had His Portrait Painted...Totally Accurate!



Some My Best Pioneer Party People!
Gonna Miss Them!

No comments:

Post a Comment