Saturday, March 14, 2015

Back to Miller Butte

For UW's spring break, I made a 6-hour drive back to Jackson to see those beautiful mountains, to get some Pioneer's time at the Mountain Resort, and of course, to see the boyfriend and some wonderful friends. I've been here since Thursday evening and spent my arrival evening visiting with friends. Yesterday, it was super nice out: we were in light jackets walking around town, laying in the sun in town square, and also had a morning tour at the National Wildlife Art Museum. This morning, I went through the back entrance of the National Elk Refuge and got to check out some beautiful creatures! Driving back behind Miller Butte, you pass the huge herds of elk, pass the ponds where you can see a dozen or so Trumpeter Swans, and then you get fully behind the butte, and you get to see Big Horn Sheep! They were super close to the road this morning, so you rarely needed binoculars. But I was able to get some great up-close and personal shots of them with the use of binos! I really missed these moments - seeing big game and well animals in general. Laramie does not give you that animal fix the way the Tetons do...so this was much needed and a great 'welcome home.'

TheChristyBel

Trumpeter Swans!
Big Horn Beauty in the Road!
I Missed These Moments!
Morning Grazing

No comments:

Post a Comment