Thursday, October 30, 2014

Lunar & Meteorite Workshop

For my Science Methods I (Advanced Topics in Pedagogy) class, we were invited to go to the NASA Lunar & Meteorite Sample Disk Certification workshop tonight. This was such a cool event for us. Not only were we getting inspired about Earth Science classroom lessons and activities, but we were also getting certified to sign out actual meteorite and lunar samples from NASA! So cool, so when I become a school teacher, I can borrow and sign these out from NASA and use them in my classroom! So pumped!

Kali Placing Fish Aquarium Rocks into a Water Balloon
Prepping us for Meteorite Impact Patterns & Which Surface is Better to Find Meteorite Impact Evidence
When We Go Outside and Collect Data!
Kali's Meteorite Impact on Asphalt Surfaces
And Then the Moment Came!
Examining the Samples!
Susan Nerding out!
Oh My Gosh, It Was Super Awesome to See These Samples Up Close!
Lunar Samples Too!
Total Earth Science Nerd Out!
Now, I am certified to borrow and sign out samples for teaching! It was the best night ever!

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment