Saturday, October 18, 2014

Rappelling in Boulder Canyon

So after my emotional lack of rappelling yesterday down the Third Flatiron, Marc was awesome and took me to Boulder Canyon to give me a lesson on rappelling. We went to Mine Hole Crag where we had this nook all to ourselves! He set up an anchor, showed me what to do, rappelled down himself, then held the rope at the bottom for me in a fireman's rappel as I rappelled myself down. After my first rappel, he made me do it a number of times until I did not feel nervous or scared anymore. What a teacher. haha. Here is how my lesson went! Enjoy the photos...and please note the awesome patterned pants I was wearing!

TheChristyBel

Rappelling - Butt Shot!
Photo Credit to Marc Sweet
Having Fun and Not Nervous Anymore!
Photo Credit to Marc Sweet
Learning to Even Enjoy Looking Down
Photo Credit to Marc Sweet
Getting the Hang of It!
Photo Credit to Marc Sweet
TheChristyBel Learned to Rappel!
Photo Credit to Marc Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment