Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween 2014!

Ceira & I at the Safe Treat
Friday evening I went and helped man a booth for the Safe Treat event held at the UW's Student Union. The Safe Treat event is where a whole bunch of clubs, organizations, and groups get together and hold a huge party event and Trick-Or-Treating opportunity for all the children of Laramie. I guess its a way, to 'safely' go around and collect candy instead of walking the dark streets for the Halloween candy-collecting traditions.

So I represented NSTA (National Science Teacher Association) with my science methods classmates. At our booth, we had a variety of science questions that children would pick a question, answer it, and be able to grab a piece of candy, or a few handfuls...

It was super fun. There were so many children and families. Literally, when I walked into the Union for my shift, I could not really walk through the place - so many kids, families, adults, and really crazy outfits.
A Kid Dressed as a Tornado! Genius!


This year the main popular costumes were: the two princesses from Frozen, Elsa & Ana (let me tell you, if I could take a shot of alcohol for every Frozen character I saw at Safe Treat, I would be drunk within the first 5-minutes), Minions from Despicable Me, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a variety of other costumes that I cannot remember. One was really cool: a kid dressed up in lots of tulle and stuffing, as a tornado!!! How cool is that!?!?

But yea, Safe Treat was pretty fun. Hanging with the Science Methods classmates has been really awesome and just a great community to be in and out of class with. After the Safe Treat event, we all went our separate ways for dinner and reconvened at one of our houses for our own Halloween celebrations. Below are photos from the night: starting out at Jake's house to adventuring down town at Born in a Barn & 3rd Street Bar. 

Oh, so this year, again, I made my costume. No it was not Zombie Lady Gaga, a Native American, a Buccaneer, a Peacock, or a Zombie Ballerina - but a Deer...a Doe-A-Deer! It was super easy! Just got a brown long-sleeve, brown spandex, an antler head-band, and lots of brown, white, and black makeup and well, 45-minutes later of putting the make-up on...and you have a deer! Super easy and low-budget!

Halloween Selfie While Playing Mexican Twister
Object of the Game: Start in a Toe-to-Toe Circle
Go Around the Circle Matching The Foot That Was Previously Touched to the Inside of the Person Next to You.
It's a Fun, Hilarious Game.
Ceira & Susan
Steph & Ceira
(My Phone Was Hijacked for Selfies)
Science Methods Fun & Love
My Costume: A Deer & My Lumberjack! haha.
Photo was Taken When Marc was Attempting to Save my Drink From Falling
Science Methods Love All Around
Group Selfie During a Hug
Ran Into My Neighbor Holli at 3rd Street Bar!
Best Almost Roomie Ever!
Adorbs.
Science Methods Kids Group Picture!
Happy Halloween! Totally Beats Last Year's Haunted Halloween Trail. At least we weren't in the snow and cold all night!

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment