Saturday, October 11, 2014

Finally Hiking in Laramie!

Now that I have been given the OK to try hiking again, I am getting as much outdoorsy time as possible before that snow comes. So, exploring Happy Jack and Vedauwoo are pretty much a priority! I was told about the Summit Trail at Happy Jack starting at the Headquarters Trailhead. It's a pretty steady incline up to the top and not that bad on my knees! Takes about 45-minutes to get to the top. It continues on over and down the other side, but I only had a 2-3 hour time period before meeting Brady for dinner and then going to the Mountain Film Festival on campus. So, I got a good hike in! Got to see the fall colors, collect some leaves for an art project, and stretch out/test out my new and improved knees! Want to know the best part: my knees were not hurting! 

Physical Therapy is Paying Off...Yea, $1,500+ of PT! Worth Every Penny! haha.

TheChristyBel

Summit at the Top of Summit Trail at Happy Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment