Friday, October 24, 2014

Ceramics - From Home to Studio

This week has been pretty much...hell. I had a huge teaching project due this week for my science methods class, teaching at Spring Creek Elementary, lots of class work, lots of meetings, ample amounts of work for my GA, and lots of ceramics projects due. For Ceramics II, along with 10-cylinders that needed to be glazed, I needed to produce 6-altered forms with attachments ready to be fired. Luckily, most of the art is not due until tomorrow evening and Monday morning...so, I still have time to finish up these projects for Ceramics II. Here is my progress so far! During this time of stress, I bought clay home and was able to work on some attachments while in class, I threw my pots. I really like that process, that way I can relax and get creative with my attachments at home and then put them together in the studio. Enjoy! 

Glazing Process of the Cylinders -Waxing Designs Then a Glaze Dip!
The Beginning of the Nature-Themed Altered Forms
One: Feathers
Two: Basal Leaves and Florets
Owl on a Branch Attachment!
Home Clay Time
Tootsie Pop Owl By Marc Sweet
Yes, Totally Firing This for Him
Home Clay Time
Cubism
Yes, Totally Firing This for Him
Four of My Finished Six!
Almost There!
Four: Owl In Tree, One: Feathers, Two: Basal Leaves & Florets, Three: Elk Antler
Four: Owl in Tree
Bringing the Owls Back From High School to Grad School
Three of the Six - Ready to Be Fired!
More finished products photos to come! Stay Tuned!

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment