Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Bradley-Taggart Day with Mandy

Since I have graduated, you would think I would start crossing off my Tetons Bucket List of all the fun things and adventures I wanted to do all year. Well.......the weather has not really been on my side. Since I got back to the Tetons on Sunday afternoon, the weather has been really crappy - like east coast rainy-crappy! Monday and Tuesday were really rainy, so I spent them in town getting errands done, like an oil change, and catching up on e-mails at the library.

But today, there were some spurts of sunshine that I could not miss out on. So, Mandy and I made plans: A.) Hike Jackson Peak B.) Hike Up the Gros Ventre Slide and C.) Hike in the Valley in the Park. Well, low and behold, the weather yet again was not up to par for hiking up elevation...so we decided to keep it low and hike in the park. 

A View of Taggart Lake From the Moraine!
Holy Snag Filled With Cavities!
The Holes Were Huge!
The Entire Tree Was Filled with Cavities!
We decided to do our very own: Bradley-Taggart Day! Only instead of hiking 5-hours from the parking lot to Taggart Lake (like when we are field teaching), we passed Taggart Lake and went straight up the moraine to Bradley Lake, had lunch at Bradley, kept going towards the junction to Amphitheater Lake and then turn around towards Taggart Lake and back to the parking lot.

I Finally Found an Antler!!!
Too Bad It Was Already Decomposing!
And It Was Growing Moss On It!
She and I had a blast!!! We hiked pretty fast too, which was a nice change from the 'go slow to go fast' field teaching mentality. The hike lasted about 4-5 hours round trip from parking lot to parking lot...I think it was about 8-9 miles, which is pretty good for being out of hiking shape for us. Maybe...

Bradley Lake on a Cloudy/Rainy Day
Beautiful View Despite the Weather!
But hope you enjoyed some photos from the day! 

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment