Sunday, May 24, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Laramie

Well the day has finally come: the day where I packed up my car and headed out of Laradise. Since I have successfully completed my second and final year of graduate school, graduated, received my masters, and have found a job elsewhere, it was time to say goodbye. Through this challenging last leg, I never thought the day would come. But I cannot also believe that it was only about 9-months before, that I was moving myself to this city to go through with my remainder of grad school. Time sure does fly by. As much as I am excited to leave and continue on with my next chapter in my life, it was pretty hard to say goodbye to a bunch of people, places, and things. The staff at SMTC have been so supportive, flexible, and people I have come to love personally and work professionally along side of. I have definitely learned a lot from the faculty I have worked alongside of. I am incredibly thankful for the guidance, flexibility, trust, and support they have all given me. As for the new friends I have made here, I know that we will all be in touch and that the distance will not be an issue. But with every ending, there is a new beginning to a new chapter. I am beyond excited to head back to Jackson and embrace that place without the stresses and pressures of graduate school, work for Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris for the summer, and adventure with some wonderful people I have waiting for me back in JHole. Beyond Excited. Here is to a new chapter!

Peace Out Laradise, Hello Tetons!

TheChristyBel

PS. Don't worry, this blog is still continuing! Keep on Following My Journey!


JoyB and Me - Gonna Miss My Jersey Girl Sister!
My WITS Graduate Assistantship Faculty, Dr. Jacqueline Leonard, & WITS Co-PI, Dr. Saman Aryana
I was awarded the Director's Excellence Award for an Outstanding Graduate Student of the SMTC
Saying goodbye to my GA Office - Wyo Hall 416!
Leaving my Favorite Cat: Gus
Hopefully We Can Find Our Own Cat
Gus, You Have Set the Bar High!

No comments:

Post a Comment