Saturday, May 16, 2015

A Graduate School Journey's End

My Science Methods Family!
Some of the Teton Science Schools Graduates
It is crazy to believe that after deciding to give up the complacency of having a job, having some feeling of settlement, and a huge family and community of friends surrounding you, the decision of journeying back to school for graduate school has come to an end. For the past two years, I have learned so much about myself on so many intimate, personal, emotional, and physical levels. I have met a variety of people, co-workers, faculty, fellow grads, classmates, and students that have helped shape who I am, what I want to be, where I want to be, and what I want to be doing with my life. The feelings I have experienced  to go back to school has been all across the spectrum, but I think no matter the outcome of situations, opportunities, and encounters, I believe they were all incredibly beneficial on the growth I have had within myself.

This morning, my parents and Marc were able to watch me cross the stage at UWyoming's College of Education and be hooded for my successes and hard work for my Masters of Science in Natural Science Education. I have never felt so proud of myself for biting the bullet and completely focusing on this goal (even when there were days I would sit on my couch in tears thinking this would not be possible). And when I thought that my year with the Teton Science Schools had gone by fast, the past 9-months in Laramie, WY have gone by much faster. 

I am incredibly excited and slightly terrified about what my future has in store for me. But I am confident that I can take what I have learned and experienced the past two years and morph and adapt to whatever comes my way. 

TheChristyBel

Being Hooded By My Chair, Dr. Andrea Burrows!
Some of the Most Wonderful Friends
to Have During Your Graduate School Journey!
Marc & I
Incredibly Happy to Finally Be a Master!
I Wouldn't Be Here Without Her
My Chair, Dr. Andrea Burrows
One of My Strong Support Systems
Dr. Ana Houseal

Of Course, a Graduation Summit Pose!
In Front of the Dinosaur!
I am soooooo Thankful for My Parents to be Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment