Monday, May 25, 2015

Last Day Training in GTNP

Osprey on Moose-Wilson Road, near Teton Village
As of yesterday, I had my walkthrough with my Laramie landlord, packed up the last of my things in Little Blue, and travelled back on the five and half hour drive back to the Tetons. I'll be camping or staying with friends until Marc comes back with the van to live out of for the summer, but I'll be busy with Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris. I am beyond pumped for this job this summer season!

Today I finished up my training to lead tours in the Grand Teton National Park with Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris. It feels incredibly awesome that your co-workers have the confidence in you to take the lead and lead tours on your own. After my training session in the morning shadowing one of the leading senior guides, he told me that he feels I am ready to go solo! How awesome is that!

Training has been great to learn from experienced guides about the hidden gems and places to find things or to go for a good story. I feel really informed about the park. But I am incredibly thankful to have had Teton Science Schools under my belt, because they helped teach me the knowledge of this place. With that, I only needed three training days before I was given the check off to go SOLO!

Its great to feel this high level of confidence in knowledge of this place and support and faith from your co-workers. I am beyond pumped to get these tours up and rolling this summer! So, if you're in the area and want a tour of Grand Teton National Park...you know who to call!

Wish me luck, I have my first tour tomorrow!

TheChristyBel

Reflective Photos From Schwabacher's Landing
Female Barrow's Goldeneye
Peek-A-Boo, I See You, 610!
Near Oxbow Bend!
My First Sighting of a Great Grey Owl!
Moose-Wilson Road

No comments:

Post a Comment