Thursday, February 12, 2015

Supporting Other Artist Friends

Today I received one of the most beautiful gifts: a painting hand-made directly for me. This professionally painted, matted, and framed piece was specifically made for me by my good friend, Alec Falle Hamilton. I met Alec through my fellow, TSS grad, Mandy Redpath when I went to spend Thanksgiving with her two years ago in Vail, CO. Alec is by far an incredible artist - his geometric and symmetric style uses a variety of mediums: acrylic, watercolor, pen, ink, and sharpie! And he's on a trend of using natural history and animals right now too. He calls them Spirit Animal Mandalas.

On his Facebook, he has been blasting his artwork like crazy and was even taking special orders where he would custom make you your own animal spirit. So, I totally messaged him asking to make me my Spirit Animal in a nature-theme. Guess which animal is my spirit animal....?!?! MOOSE! 

But he jumped right on it and had visible step-by-step photos of his progress! It was super cool to see the painting emerge in a matter of a few days! 

I paid him over PayPal and once he was finished with the original and got digital copies of the painting, he sent it over to my apartment!

I am soooo in love with my Alec original!

But you can order a print of it through his website! Totally check it out! He is incredibly talented and willing to make art specifically for you!

Thank you, Alec for this beautiful piece! 




TheChristyBel

Thank You Alec!
Photo Credit: All photos came from Alec' Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment