Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Back to the Drawing Board

Positive and Negative Drawing of a Chair Still-Life
Well, I am super pleased with my spring/last semester of grad school. Not only am I assisting a Biology (LIFE1020) course and working on my Plan B/Defense, but I am also taking another art class! No, I did not continue with Ceramics, since there were no classes being offered to non-majors. So, I went back to the original ember that lights my passion for art: Drawing!

I got into a Drawing I course. I was actually the first person on the Wait List! How awesome is that?! I tried to get into a higher level course, but even after showing my portfolio to the Drawing Professor, he thought it would be a better idea to start in Drawing I. I mean, Drawing I is a great class! Even though I already have a 'ChristyBel Drawing Technique,' Shelby (the professor) explained that this course will help my technique be even much more refined and better.

Even after four classes already, I am loving this Drawing I class I am in! I am approaching it with a 'forget what you already know how to do' and 'keep an open mind for new techniques.' And after 4-classes, I have learned some new ways of approaching my sketching/drawing.

The past few classes we have been focusing on Observation and Negative/Positive Shapes. It's great - totally reflects back to my STEAM - Plan B topic and how observation is key in science! Ahhh! I love how both of my fields are overlapping!

I'll post more of my 'progression' later this week...
But More to Come in Time, so here's a Sneak Peak - Back to the Drawing Board!

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment