Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome Back to JHole!


Happy New Year from Jackson Hole! I've been here for a few days and have not had time for an update here on the blog. Let's recap the last few days!

On Tuesday morning, I travelled from Newark, NJ back to Jackson Hole, WY. This time, not for grad school, but for a nice long month of being with some wonderful friends and actually trying to have a legit winter break in the Tetons. Oh, let me tell you how my welcoming committee/arrival went.

It's pretty hilarious now that we look back on it: so Marc was supposed to pick me up when I arrived into Jackson Hole. However, on his way to the airport, his poor van broke down. He calls me while I am getting off the plane and asks, "Hey! Where are you at?" and I replied back, "Hi! Getting my bag and almost outside. Are you here?" And well there was a slight pause with his reply, "Funny story: my van broke down at the Gros Ventre Junction..."

Oh man, that poor van. He thinks it was a hose connection issue with the coolant. So I had to find an alternative mode of transportation back to Jackson. Took the AllTrans into town and on my way back to town, totally waved to Marc on the side of the highway at Gros Ventre Junction with his broken down van. When I finally got back to Jackson, Marc's roommate, Smith and I went to meet Marc at the Body Shop/Tow place. After getting all the vehicle logistics taken care of, we finally had our reunion and my welcoming back to the Tetons! Yes, it definitely was hilarious looking back on it.

New Years was pretty uneventful for the both of us. With Marc working non-stop at the mountain and me feeling the jet-lag, we celebrated New Years at midnight...EAST COAST time (so 10:00pm MST) and literally passed out before midnight mountain time. hahaha. Oh well. 

Being back in Jackson has been great for just personal and recreational endeavors. Although, I will be finishing my Masters paper while I am here, this Teton adventure is solely for fun!

TheChristyBel



No comments:

Post a Comment