Sunday, January 25, 2015

Traveling Back to Laradise

Leg Room for Days!
Nimbus Wants to Come to Laramie with Me!
This morning, I woke up and had to officially pack to go back to Laramie. It's such a bittersweet - I had such a wonderful winter break, that I just don't want to go back to school and be away from my friends. But at the same time, this semester is IT! Hopefully! Hopefully, if all goes as planned, in about 4-months, I should be defending, graduating, and getting back to the life I've missed! I actually now miss working and having free time to live life again. So, the drive to finish is there, but also wanting to stay and play! Haha.

Before heading back to catch some flights, Chris took me to the Leonardo in Salt Lake City to see the BodyWorlds exhibit! That exhibit is one of my absolute favorites! I originally saw it when I was in Philly back in 2006. So to see it again, and different and familiar specimens were just really interesting! I could sit there all day and draw. I remember doing that last time I saw this exhibit. Unfortunately, we only had an hour before I had to go to the airport and check-in.

Salt Lake City (at lunch time) is a little hectic (despite what Chris said). I barely made it to my flight (even getting there an hour and a half early...next time, 2-hours). United was incredibly slow getting checked in and checking my bag. And the security line...wow. So many people...and everyone looks so unhappy!!! I mean...I was tired, so I was pretty exhausted, but not unhappy! Wow...talk about a million stank faces. Haha.

Landed in Denver safely and had a 3-hour layover. I know, I could've gotten a ride from Denver to Laramie in probably a shorter time than waiting for a flight. Oh well, it was relatively cheap! During my long layover, I had a brief power nap, charged my phone, and read more articles....the constant reading. Which, I'm not going to lie...put me to sleep again.

My last leg of my journey back was somewhat interesting. I boarded the tiny 24-passenger plane, and come to find out my seat had been double booked! It was really challenging as I tried to get the flight attendants attention, while trying to dodge the unhappy-looking people who were trying to board. But in the end, I just waited in the back until everyone boarded, and the flight attendant let me choose my seat! There were plenty of seats to choose from, but I chose the exit seat, which had PLENTY of leg room! Boom!

The 30-minute flight was pretty smooth, despite my uncanny nervousness of all the wobbling this propeller plane executes. Landed in Laramie around 7pm and was greeted by a friendly face! The awesome Brady came to pick me up and bring me back to my apartment! Finally, back in Laramie. My plants are doing great (thanks to Ceira) and I'm able to not have to live in a suitcase anymore! Or at least not until May/June. Haha.

Bring on Spring Semester!
TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment