Monday, January 19, 2015

Finally Using My JHMR Season's Pass

Last Thursday, Marc was off from instructing and I was in desperate need of a brain break from writing my Master's paper. So we both were able to test out my winter legs again and do some personal runs on the mountain!

Let me just say I was really worried about riding down at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. It just appears so intimidating compared to where I was at last year at Targhee. But Marc was pretty patient and allowed me to try a green before heading up the gondola! haha. So we took Teewinot up and I did a green run - totally had to remember what my legs, body, and feet were supposed to do...but got down the mountain very easily. So off my snowboard went, we unclipped and climbed into the Gondola. We were going to meet our friend, Sarah, at the Casper lift for lunch. Most of the paths to get there are blues and double-blues, which is where I left my skill level back at Targhee in April.

Simply just took my time working on turning and controlling how fast I wanted to go as we made our way down some traverses and down to the Casper lift. Not only did I survive my first time riding the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort's runs but I enjoyed it! Not to mention had a few tumbles, but it was super entertaining for Marc to watch as I did fall, I mean, 'starfish' on a traverse and maybe fall when I was getting into the lift line...and...getting off the lift. All laughs everywhere and in between though!

Also, throughout my days where I was scheduled to work at the Pioneers' Kid Ranch - I was able to go straight from work to some snowboard breaks. Have not done any Blacks yet - I want to continue my technique and build up confidence on these blues. I'll get there - will just take some time and practice. And of course, I am still liking it! Oh....and PS....my knees are doing great!

TheChristyBel

Top of the Hanna Run - Midway Down from Apres Vous

No comments:

Post a Comment