Monday, January 19, 2015

Partying It Up with the Pioneers


Making Faces on the Gondola!
Today was my official last day with the Pioneers at the Mountain Sports School Kids Ranch; that is, until my spring break! Working at the Kids Ranch was by far a really fun job. The people you get to work with are incredibly awesome and laid back - they don't judge you or think less of you if you don't know how to ski. In fact, they are really supportive and are always willing to give you a few tips if you have a desire to learn. I'm really sad to be leaving to go back to school. I have met so many wonderful new friends through the mountain, that it is such a tease, that I have to leave again.

Pioneers was really fun. I even got to do a bit of teaching...which was really funny, since I don't ski. But since Pioneers ranges from 3-5 year olds, I was solely working on the Magic Carpet and instructors do not need skis to bring the little ones to the top of the carpet, then catch them as they come down, or shout out pizza to teach them to stop.

Didn't Go Anywhere Without That Rabbit!
Excited to Go Up!

It was just a great time, laughing with the children and fellow instructors, coloring, and getting lots of hugs and love from the kids! They pretty much love you and will show it too!

I got to meet a wide-variety of children too! Many of them were from all over the country (even from Delaware!!!)! Yes, that was a wonderful treat! I met two children from Hockessin, DE and I knew exactly where they were from and went to school! Ahhhh! And I even got to meet children from Australia and Brazil! It was super cute to hear different accents and to work on my Spanish, and well Portuguese! I definitely want to pick that back up because I felt so bad not understanding some of my children, and I am positive they did not understand me! Definitely want to work on that communication for next time I'm there!

Also, during my time working at JHMR, we got to take our students up the Gondola (not to always come back down in skis, but just for a round-trip. When I went up, we were able to see the inversion. Where it was pretty cloudy at the base, then bluebird skies when you got into the tree line. Our students loved it! They would wave to other passing cars and let us know what they were seeing. It was adorable!

Above the Clouds!
I'm sad to leave, but I will be back in a few weeks for spring break! Can't wait to be with little ones again and the new friends I have made! Ahhhh...I know the spring semester has barely started, but I'm already ready for spring break! Bah.

TheChristyBel

Jen & Her Girls
Hair Salon & Story Time Break!
Coloring During Break
This Little One is From Delaware!






No comments:

Post a Comment