Friday, January 9, 2015

Chilly Nights Calls for Down

The past few nights, I have woken up cold and literally snuggled up real close to Marc. Maybe that is what happens when his bedroom is in the basement of the apartment and his comforter is not that thick to begin with. Who knows...but anyways! I remember back in the summer when we would camp or sleep in the van, we would wake up pretty chilly. So we looked into maybe one day purchasing a blanket that we would be able to use outdoors or when we camp. We had been hearing about the down comforters that are out on the outdoor gear market and occasionally researched them for decent prices. Well, I think after realizing how cold is has been here in the Tetons, we took some drastic online shopping initiatives and finally bit the bullet and got something pretty awesome!

Big Agnes is known not just for their comfortable sleeping pads and awesome durable tents for the front and backcountry, but for their sleeping bags as well! When I get enough money, I definitely plan on getting a new bag, but that is not the point of this entry. The point of this entry is that they have these new down comforters in their stock now! And Marc and I are the proud owners of ones of them! If you want to check it out, the link is right here.

We ordered the blanket, maybe Tuesday afternoon, and the delivery box came yesterday afternoon. So the shipping transition was fairly quick! Big Agnes really does do an awesome job getting their product to their customers. The box was really small and came in a small stuff sack! Of course, the blanket is goose down, so it is able to compress really small! Great for the outdoors and transporting it in a pack or great storage. Can we note that it only weighs about 2-lbs and 12-oz!!?!?

This blanket is by far better than my electric blanket, my duvet, and I hate to say it, but my white, fuzzy Polar Bear Blanket! Sizing in at 50" x 78" x 2.5," this 600-fill goose down blanket with a synthetic lining kept us warm all night (and we did not even need to blast the heat higher than the usual low setting we have it to already). Please note that we had a bed sheet and think bed spread over us as well with the Down Comforter on top - but I just want to clarify that the original bed sheet and bed spread do not keep us really warm at night anyways.

Marc and I are really pleased with this purchase! It will not just serve warm slumbers in a cold basement but definitely for van, front, or back country camping! Pretty excited! Why did I not think of this when I moved here a year ago?!?! Thanks, Big Agnes, your products are pretty reliable and work effectively for their purposes!

TheChristyBel 



It's so Warm & Fluffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment