Monday, August 24, 2015

Back on the East Coast

So I left for the east coast on Monday, August 17th and arrived in New Paltz, NY on Thursday, August 20th. I start work on Monday, August 24th! So I have some time to breathe and relax. Here is the breakdown of my quick road trip back east:

Reunion with Kelsey-Girl!
Monday, August 17 - Travelled 388 miles to make a pit stop in Laramie to visit Ana. Then another 51miles to stay with my former next door neighbor, Holli. Time: about 7-hours.

Tuesday, August 18 - Travelled 445 miles to Lincoln, NE to stay with Audrey and Joe. So excited to see her after pretty much 2-years! Time: 6.5 hours!

Wednesday, August 19 - Travelled 521 miles and 8 hours to Chicago, IL to stay with Marc's friend, Jeremy.

Thursday, August 20 - The worst part of the entire trip: travelled 813 miles and what was supposedly a 12-hour drive, but turned out to be 15-hour drive to New Paltz, NY. I arrived to the Toman's at 11pm after almost dying on I-80 in Pennsylvania due to a huge, heavy downpour storm and huge 19-wheeler trucks take up their lane and mine! Super terrifying! But I arrived safe and sound to some old friends and Marc! Not to mention a bed! :)

The next day, we travelled to Asbury Park (another 127 miles) to visit with my Kelsey (wifey) and then another 52 miles to meet Marc's sister, Kim, and her friends in Long Beach Island for a beach vacay before work started!

After the long weekend and making it back to New Paltz for work on Monday, I travelled about 2,564 miles over 7-days and over 39-hours of driving. Poor Little Blue!

But super pumped to start work (tomorrow)!

TheChristyBel

TheChristyBel is Reunited with the Atlantic!
I Feel Home Again!
Meeting the Sister, Kim! :)
A Long Beach Island Sunset!
Marc and I Are Finally Back East!
Happy Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment