Sunday, August 9, 2015

One of My Last Teton Goodbyes

Marc leaves for the east on Monday (tomorrow), while I finish up work with Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris this upcoming Thursday. Before I head back east next Monday (the 17th), I'll take my recert for my Wilderness First Responder at Teton Science Schools. 

It is really coming full circle for me about my Teton and West adventure; it was about 2-years ago (on Monday the 17th), at least it will be, that I made my journey out west to start this graduate school adventure. It was two years ago this week that I took my certification for my WFR and started to explore the Grand Tetons. 

Over the past two years, I originally set out for this Forever West adventure to upgrade my schooling, challenge myself in my passions, mind, and body, and to allow myself to grow up without certain clutches and security blankets that I held onto (that in reality haunted me and prevented me from being true to myself). 

Two years later, I have challenged my mind, body, and soul to absorb information in two areas (education and science), rekindled old passions (art and hiking), strengthened my abilities to teach others, lost confidence in myself but then gained in back, learned a lot about myself, determined areas of self I need to work on, lost friendships, gained new ones, found love, and most importantly was able to live for MYSELF in a new part of the country (by myself - to start) where I did not think I could. Two years later I say farewell and thank you to a place I was nervous about immersing myself in. Two years later, I give my appreciation and gratitude to this place for allowing me to live and really define for myself who is theChristyBel.

TheChristyBel

Saying Farewell to the Wedding Tree
Wedding Tree Sunset
One of My Last Summit Poses in the Grand Tetons


No comments:

Post a Comment