Saturday, December 13, 2014

Laramie & The Nutcracker

This evening, my neighbor, Holli, and I went to see The Nutcracker here in town. This was such a treat. We went with a bunch of her colleagues in the Law School to the College of Arts & Sciences' auditorium. I have not seen The Nutcracker in ages, so I was super pumped! Brings back memories of dance. The performance was great - there's a lot of dancing talent in Laramie. However, I am not sure if the cast was just small, but the choreography seemed more basic than usual. I did not notice anything more difficult than a double pirouette and not that many lifts. It was interesting. But nevertheless, the whole show was beautiful. Also, they made the show 'Laramie-themed.' The mice were dressed up as cowboys and Mother Ginger definitely appeared to be from the west as well with her guns, cowboy hat, and a flask of whiskey! It was interesting, but very clever to make it feel like the story took place here in Laramie!

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment