Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Back in the AP!


Asbury Park Reunion!
Before making my way back to the Forever West to spend my January break in the Tetons, I had to make a visit to my second home, Asbury Park! Plus, my flight back to Jackson was starting off in Newark, NJ, so being in Asbury was a lot closer than Delaware. This was a convenient and perfect way to spend my last few days on the East Coast. On Sunday morning, my dad dropped me off at the Wilmington train station and I made my way into Philadelphia! There, I was greeted by two of my absolute favorite people: JJ and Kelsey! Ahhhhhhh! It was soooooo great being reunited with these two! After being picked up, we headed back to Asbury Park to let the shenanigans begin. Of course, there is no proper way to welcome yourself back to this wonderful beach town than to get Bloody Mary's, Mimosas, and Omelets at Johnny Mac's (on a Sunday morning)! So yea, we started off the day drinking at J-Mac's! So fun and so delicious! After J-Mac's, I headed over to Kelsey's family home where I got to see her mom, Diana, her sister, Lo, and the cairn, Zoe for a little visit.


Pickle Roll Sushi at Langosta
After watching the Giants vs. Eagles game at JJ's, Kelsey and I headed to Langosta Lounge for dinner! I love that place! And can you guess what I had for dinner?!?! Just guess...SUSHI! I have gone way too long without my most favorite food of all time. It was absolutely delicious! I had a Pickle Roll: I think it was shrimp tempura, spicy tuna, avocado, cucumber, aioli, and all that is delicious. I've missed Asbury food! Ahhhhh! We ended up meeting Ian, Christopher, his girlfriend - Kat, and Kelsey's roommate, Krista. We had an absolute blast! Just catching up, being obnoxious, and laughing non-stop during dinner. I am pretty sure the people in the next booth behind us hated us being there, but too bad! We definitely own that place! haha.

I want to be reunited with my ocean!
Another great thing about being in Asbury is being sooo darn close to the beach. Surprisingly, we did not get to the beach as soon as I got there, but I could slightly see the waves in the distance and in the dark, no less! I had to press myself against the window like a little kid looking into a toy store to see it! Don't judge me, I was excited! It's been two years!

The next day, Kelsey and JJ had to work (the joys of being a student and not being employed at the moment), so I was able to explore Asbury Park on my own. That meant, a walk to the beach, sitting on the beach, touching the water (did not swim because it was pretty cold), and just absorbing the awesomeness of the Atlantic. I literally spent majority of my day just walking up and down the beach!



Morning Walk Next to the Atlantic

Reminiscing About Tweedy! I Miss Him!

Mogo Tacos!!!!! (Pork on Left, Chicken on Right)

Asbury Park Convention Hall

Exploring the Beach & Finding The Ocean's Gifts: Skate Egg Cases
Besides reuniting myself with the Atlantic, I was able to get some coffee at America's Cup (my favorite NJ coffee shop), visit the Convention Center, ate Mogo Tacos with Kelsey for lunch, and the boardwalk! That evening, we went out to Stella Marina for dinner (JJ, Kelsey, and I). Surprisingly, I had never gone to that restaurant before (Nate and I would stick to Brickwall and a bunch of other restaurants in the area), but Stella was pretty good. I got a mushroom fire-oven small pizza with Fontina cheese, arugula, mushrooms, and truffle oil! So good! The past two days were absolutely wonderful! Being back in Asbury was just awesome! There is something that is so relaxing, calming, and refreshing about being by that ocean and that place. It definitely can cure any home-sick-ness and make ya happy!



Thanks For the Wonderful Asbury Reunion, JJ and Kelsey! It was the best!
Now come to the Tetons!
Yes, Kelsey, in Nature!
Next Stop: the Tetons to be reunited with the Nelson crew and Marc for New Years! Get ready!
TheChristyBel

1 comment:

  1. Miss you pretty lady! I will try and make it out to Nature before you come back to the East Coast for good ;)

    ReplyDelete