Sunday, December 7, 2014

Feeling the Stress

I do not ever bombard my blog with complaining or negativity, but I just need to scream this out. Since I've been back, I have felt absolutely and incredibly in desperate need to be anywhere but Laramie. Being home for less than 36-hours was an absolute tease for me. My body, my mind, and my heart ache for the smell of the Atlantic, more home-cooked meals from my family, time with my brother, snuggle sessions with my besties, and hikes on my Ashland floodplains. I do not connect with Laramie in any way, shape, or form with how I connected with the Tetons or home. Maybe I am just stressed from the craze of the fall semester, but I am pretty much over my Year 2 (as of right now). How do TSS folk try to complete their Year 2 in such a short period of time? I want to literally slit my wrists on how stressed I am, well on how tired I am. The next 11-days cannot go by any faster. I just want to be home, be with positivity and a sense of place that I feel most 'me.' The light at the end of the tunnel is packing up my bag and flying back East to a sense of 'community' and 'place' that makes me feel like the true ChristyBel. Right now, its not Laramie, that light is back east, it is Delaware. Please, hurry up, there's no place like home.

I apologize for the word vomit. I'm just feeling the need to be home. So soon, CBel, so soon.

TheChristyBel

2 comments:

  1. Find a quiet spot, take some deep breaths, meditate...be where you are...11 days is a very short time in the universe. You owe it to yourself to be fully present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are still around Wilmington on New Year's eve (day), the Dream Team will most likely be at Coverdale at the Operations Center building our 'chicken' tractor. Right now we've agreed that at least a couple of us will work that Wednesday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete