Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Delaware Christmas

Spending Christmas on the East Coast in Delaware was definitely the remedy after a very long, challenging fall semester in the Tetons.

Seeing my family, my grandparents, and a handle of my closest friends and former co-workers were the exact thing I needed!

Like every Christmas, Phyllis and Ray came over for Christmas Eve dinner. It was a great surprise when mom pulled out salmon as the dinner!!! So exciting! Finally fish! And it tasted delicious! What a great gift to have one of my favorite dishes for dinner! Along with cheesy potatoes, popovers, asparagus, stuffed tomatoes, and the most delicious salad ever!!

Mom Knows the Way to My Heart - Through Seafood!
On Christmas Day, presents were opened mega late, I'd say around 1-2pm! Sleeping in and relaxin was more that needed and deserved! Sean labeled all my gifts with moose on them! How appropriate!?! Even though the gift I wanted and received was finally being home wih my family, I did receive some awesome Nikon Monarch binoculars! Now I can go birding out west!! Exciting!

Sean Labeled All my Presents with Moose!
Dinner again was full of seafood. I guess my mom knew how much I was craving it from being in a land-locked state! So Christmas Day dinner included lobster, shrimp, more asparagus, and glazed carrots! Yummmmm!

Christmas Day Dinner - More Seafood.
In Heaven!
Later that night, it was the annual tradition of visiting the brothers and sister from other mothers, the Patterson's and the Furlong's! Never a dull moment in this household! Never ending drinks and a Christmas Day trip to the movies to see Anchorman 2.

Note about the movie: it was terrible. we were so disappointed! You know how the first movie had so many memorable, stand out quotes...this second one did not. Not only were the jokes not memorable, but they were terrible, badly placed, and totally out of context joy matching the movie. It was not at all thought out and organized; it seemed that the producers just grabbed every single funny actor/actress and comedian, placed then in the movie cold turkey, and let them improv it out. Not worth the money to see.

My Sister Megan and I Sharing a Holiday Drink Together!
With Sean Photobombing...
But anyways, it was great hanging with the brothers and sister!! I missed them all so much! Foxfire family forever!

Would Not Change This For the World!
My Foxfire Family
Est. 1996
Happy Christmas,
TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment