Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bye 2013, Hello 2014!

So the New Years Philly tradition did not pan out to ring in the 2014 new year. It is nice to try new things and have a relaxing holiday every now and then.

This year, Radley, one of my favorites from Eastern Mountain Sports, decided to have a housewarming, New Years Eve bash at his new house. Just having a casual, fun-filled party seemed pretty appealing instead of getting all dolled up, trekking to Philly, and paying the usual $40 cover into a overly-crowded bar. Maybe that's just the new appeal for me coming from the low-populated Wyoming. Who knows, it was totally the better choice!

One of my Best Friends, Radley!
Ringing in the new year with some of my EMS boys was so fun, and many of Radley's friends were hilarious to be around.

Wyeth & Radley are EMS Twins...so weird!
I got to meet Radley's girlfriend, Angie! She is such a gem! Such a wonderful person to talk to and laugh with! Cute as a button!

Radley & Angie! So Cute!
I can say that 2013 was full of a lot of unforgettable and forgettable moments, intertwined with many ups and downs, challenges, accomplishments, and beginnings of new chapters.

My EMS Boys!
2013 Taught Me and Brought Me:

- that no matter where I am, there are people in this world that I know will always love and support the decisions I make.

- to have strength in leaving the comforts of my job and home for new adventures and life upgrading.

- the courage to finally fight and push myself to follow my dream and go back to graduate school. A wise and smart choice.

- a certification in Wilderness First Responder. This course has made me more confident heading into the backcountry with friends and my students.

- new friendships in the Forever West and stronger friendships back on the East.

- confidence in myself and reconnecting with one of my passions: working and teaching children, in the outdoors!

- the sense of accomplishment in trying new things and activities, such as: skiing, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing! And I'm liking them!

- to realize that loving someone and to be loved by someone are two completely different things and that when one is not reciprocated by the other, you need to fight for what you deserve...which is better.

- through the challenges of life, work, friendships, and love, whether they were positive or negative, the new chapters that unfolded after quitting my jobs and moving out of Delaware to Wyoming for school, have given me a whole new level of STRENGTH and HOPE, that I believe will bless me over the next year.

Such 'Brahs'!
All in all, even though there are parts of last year that I am not fully ready to let go of, it was nice to finally say goodbye to 2013. I am anxious and excited to see what 2014 will bring!

Luke & I Ringing in the New Year Together!


Happy New Year,
TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment