Saturday, December 7, 2013

Returning To Class & The JC Ropes Course

So, we are back from break and in class-mode for three weeks until we are released for the holidays!  Boom!  I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by thus far!  It really is mind-blowing how much we have already learned and how many opportunities we have been given!

On our first day back, we had a fall teaching practicum rendezvous!  The faculty and graduates were also given 'Secret Snowflakes,' similar to 'Secret Santa.'  So on the first day during our teaching rendezvous, I received my gift from mine.  A very beautiful mug with hot tea in it and it also had a strainer for loose tea! So awesome!  I am not sure who my snowflake is...but I am very excited for the person I have.  I hope they like the gifts I have in store for them!

A Gift From My Secret Snowflake!
During the rendezvous day, the graduates and faculty did a bunch of team building activities in the snow.  Some activities included: moving the bird nest, the balancing on a ramp, everyone on the tarp, and so much more.  We also got to use the lower ropes course as well!





Besides getting back into the swing of things and class, the Snow Season has officially arrived!  There is about a foot of snow that has accumulated across campus.  So the insulated boots, wool socks, a shovel, hat, and a PAIR OF SUNGLASSES are very crucial right now.  But let me tell you, those white peaks on the Tetons are ever, so beautiful to look at. 

The Snow Season Has Arrived on the Kelly Campus!
On Wednesday, December 4th, I think theChristyBel had reached her all-time low...in TEMPERATURE, of course.  When we woke up that morning, the temperature reached, well dropped, to an astounding -17 degrees!!!! Can you even believe that!  Let's not even talk about how the wind chill was -29 degrees!  Holy moly!!! But the thing is, when you go outside in it, it really is not that cold.  Well when you dress properly, it definitely does not feel that cold.

On Wednesday, December 4th, TheChristyBel Reached an All-Time Low...In TEMPERATURES!
So this past week and into next week, we are in the Advanced Instructional Strategies course.  This great has been great because it emphasizes strategies that are used in teaching to highlight how we teach to different audiences, different types of learners, and how each lesson can be the most effective by specific and complementing instructional strategies.

Hanging Out in a fort...Under the Boards in Class.
Well, that is all I have for now, but tune in next time for some fun out in that white fluffy stuff!  'Cause, I am going Cross Country Skiing tomorrow!! First Timer Here!

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment