Thursday, April 21, 2016

After Work Duck Pond Walk

I needed a brain break after work today. Decided to go hike on the Duck Pond Trail. What I anticipated being an hour hike ended up being more than two hours of nerding out over things I discovered along the hike. Check out some really cool highlights from my hike.

TheChristyBel

Trout Lily
(an East Coast favorite of mine)
Large Stonefly Larvae
Red Trillium Flower Buds
Red Trilliums in Open Bloom
An Adult Luna Moth that just emerged from its pupa
Gorgeous!!!
(a first alive find for me - I have always found them dead)
Bloodroot


The foundation of a house that Daniel Smiley built with his schoolmates...at the age of 13!
I mean, what types of things did you accomplish at 13 years old? Build a house?
I think I survived 7th grade...that was it!

No comments:

Post a Comment