Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Welcome Back to Art Class!

This semester, I wanted to take a class that focuses on my love for art and well, a brain break from all the other classes I am taking. Plus, one of my faculty said it would be good to take this course to also help me with my Plan B (which I think I want it to be focusing on determining professional development teacher workshops and programs that incorporate art into scientific learning). We will see.

Anyways...so this semester, I am taking Ceramics II - one of the only art classes that a non-art major can get into. It was such a process getting into it! Calling teachers and the registrar...crazy. But yes, this class is awesome. It is all focused on the wheel and the art of throwing. Can I just say, I have not thrown in a class since junior/senior year of high school with Mrs. Yarnall!!! That's over 11+ years ago!!!! But it was so good to start again, and after 3-classes, my hands are remembering what they had learned that long ago. I cannot wait to see my progression again and to show you some new 3-D ChristyBel artwork! Ahhhhhh!

First Cylinder I am Satisfied With!
It's Still Too Short to Turn In, But It's a Start!
Getting to Draw Too!
Ceramics Research Consists of Finding Some Pieces You Find Interesting & Drawing Them!
I'm in heaven!

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment