Sunday, September 21, 2014

A ChristyBel Birthday

I am still in disbelief that TheChristyBel has turned 27. I distinctly remember walking into Ashland Nature Center on my 23rd birthday with purple cupcakes from mom and sharing them with my co-workers. Mike Riska, the former executive director walks up to me to congratulate me for my birthday and asks, 'How old are you?' and I reply, '23!' and the comment stated next, 'Oh, well 7-more years until you're 30!' Thanks Mike!....But that conversation still rings into my head, because you know...4-years later, I am now 3-years until 30!!!! ahhhhhhhh! weird.

But anyways, no matter what age your turn on your birthday, you should celebrate it with incredible, memorable moments, wonderful people, and activities and things that make you happy. And well, that is what I did.

Since I had such a great time ringing in my birthday last year in the Tetons, I of course, had to do the same for this year. I mean, if I were home in Delaware, I would be going to HomeGrown with a few wonderful friends, indulging in a delicious Gourmet Grilled Cheese and a Honey Mint Tea. But alas, a Delaware Birthday tradition is somewhat difficult to grant when you are in the Forever West (300+ miles away). So I think I have discovered a new tradition, at least for now, celebrate the birthday in the Tetons! And well that is what I did!

At midnight, Marc presented me his birthday gift to me - I was beyond excited! We have been eyeing over a talented artist, Jeremy Collins. He does wonderful pen&ink drawings, cartoons, and work that encompass the GYE, Tetons, and Yellowstone...and well the great outdoors. There was drawing that he had done of a map of Yellowstone that was drawn in a Grizzly Bear. I remember seeing that and saying to Marc, 'Oh wouldn't it be cool if it were in a moose?!' Well...I guess he took that question to heart, because he presented me the drawing that Jeremy Collins' created and morphed it into my vision. What a wonderful gift?!?! I am going to cherish it forever.

Marc's Painting - Isn't He So Talented?!
The birthday was filled with loads of party favors, wonderful text messages and phone calls, Facebook notifications, and a lazy, relaxing morning at the Jackson Hole Farmer's Market and then another fun and relaxing afternoon at String Lake. I could not have asked for a better birthday weekend - it was full of endless amounts of happiness, fun, perfect weather, wonderful people, and of course, the Tetons! Enjoy the pictures from Saturday!

Party Favors Courtesy of Mom & Marc
Noise Makers Galore!
Mellow Snuggin'
Feeling the Love All The Way From the Rock N Roll Marathon in Philadelphia!
SnapChat Birthday Greetings From Brent!
SnapChat Birthday Greetings From JJ!
Marc Driving Us to String Lake
Can We Talk About Those Gorgeous Peaks in the Background
ChristyBel Hats, Inner Tubes, & Birthday Cone of Shame!
Smith and His Mode of Transportation Around String Lake.
No Better Way to Spend a Birthday at String Lake!
Birthday Selfie with Marc!
The weather was absolutely wonderful! That morning as we were walking to downtown in Jackson, I could FINALLY see the Tetons. They were absolutely beautiful. No clouds in the sky either! Had a bagel with lox and then went to K-mart to buy some inner tubes for some quality time at the lake.

Inner Tubes & Whiskey on a Sunny Birthday Day!
Always Nerding Out on Nature...Even on the B-day!
Had to go to the Tetons National Park sign and get a birthday picture! Selfies with three people is kind of challenging, but I think we made it work!

Two Of My Favorite Boys!
Marc Made Lamb for the Birthday!
And the Infamous Cake From Mom
Ok, side note: so...my mom decided to send me a cake for my birthday. Very nice and thoughtful of her, since I am missing her Purple-Icing Red-Velvet Cupcakes! But yes, she tried to keep it a secret and just told me that there was something in the mail being delivered to my apartment. Well the day I was supposed to get it, I get a phone call from UPS stating my package could not be delivered due to an incorrect address. Impossible. So I call them back, and they state, my address was wrong. So I asked them what address were they using? UPS replies back same number, same street, same apartment (however there is not one in existence) in Lakeville, CT. And so I reply....well that's why! There is no specific address since I am living in a completely different part of the country. They quickly change the address and stated it would get to me in two days.

Well I call mom telling her everything, and she felt so bad, she called and complained to the company. They automatically ship me out another 'surprise.' But said that it would not get to me until after the birthday. Turns out, I got the original surprise, which was a CAKE, right before I headed to Jackson. We'll see if I end up getting the replacement cake too! haha. But it was deliciously rich and chocolatey! Thanks Mom! xoxo.

Birthday Summit Pose. Obvi.
Happy Birthday TheChristyBel
Must Be Nice Celebrating 21 for the 6th Time!
Photo Credit to Smith Benson!
I had the most wonderful birthday weekend! Awesome people in an awesome place. Here's to being 27!

TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment