Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hikes Help Clear Your Head

I had been working and leading tours for about nine-ten days straight. I think being sick with that terrible cold really got the best of me to the point where I was not at the top of my game. Today, I was finally given a day of rest to 1) sleep in of course, 2) get some errands done, and 3) do something for me. So, today, I was able to sleep in past 8am (which is something I never get to do), I bought a new phone (finally upgraded!), and then go on a hike with my friend, Jamie.
Jamie ended up taking me to Ski Lake in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. I had never been there, so she said it would be a good 2-3 hour hike to get out of town and clear my head of all things. She was totally right. The hike was awesome! At parts challenging and totally made me realize I need to get out more (a little out of shape), but when we got to the lake, it was just glorious views!

Look at this Beautiful Lake!
As we sat on the lake edge, we could hear Pika chirps and meeps. So, we decided to explore over to the other side of the lake in search of them. Along the way, we totally found some fossils! How cool is that?!?? So we totally switched focus and found some fossils to take home in our packs. There was one rock that I wanted, but it was literally the size of my torso. Too big to carry home, but I did get a whole bunch other ones to cover my desk with! 

Crikey! We got shells in the mountains!
So stinking cool! Usually I find these in the store!
Today's hike with Jamie was pretty awesome. I am really glad and incredibly appreciative of taking me and letting me come on this hike. She's a great person to hike with and it was awesome to nerd out and look for these fossils. It was definitely a good brain break, way to clear my head, and to not think about working. :)

TheChristyBel

Geo-Nerding Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment