Sunday, April 26, 2015

Drawing a Pretty Face

The past week and a half, our drawing class, has transitioned from still-life objects to our peers and selves in portraits. I am not going to lie, drawing people is my absolute weakest drawing style. I am totally out of my comfort zone when you ask me to draw a person. However, through this course, I have definitely enhanced my observational skills of looking at things when I draw and have acquired new techniques and skills to approach problems when I draw. So, to be asked to draw portraits now, 3/4 left in the semester is a pretty good time to try. And after drawing friends and peers from class and around campus, I have felt more comfortable drawing people than I have ever before. Below are the examples that we were asked to draw: side-profile, frontal, and 3/4 portraits. Oh, and for our final, we were asked to draw ourselves. I know these are still raw, streak-like, and dark, but what do you expect for a beginner in portraits. I think based on what I have done so far, this is a great foundation and these will get better in proportion, scale, mid-tone, hues, and likeness. I need more practice; and from this course, I do enjoy drawing people now (I'd rather draw a person than a 1 or 2-pt perspective hallway or building! haha). But yes, I do see more people to be drawn in my future! So who wants to be my model?!!? 

TheChristyBel

Side Profile Portrait
Frontal Portrait

3/4 Portrait
Self Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment