Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Natural Science Master

As of 3:00pm MST today, I shook the hand of my committee chair, Dr. Andrea Burrows, and was congratulated by my committee on successfully passing my Masters of Science in Natural Science Defense Presentation.

Presenting my findings and work on STEM Integration with Art: A Renewed Reason for STEAM to my committee, SMTC colleagues, and friends was really terrifying and nerve-wrecking. Not only was this defense nerve-wrecking to present, but I was the first of my cohort that came here to UW to present. Such pressure! Let me just say, I was more anxious presenting for 45-minutes than performing in front of thousands of audience members in the University of Dayton arena! I'm ridiculous, I know. 

However, I have never felt more proud and accomplished of myself. It was a very challenging experience and journey, but I am so grateful for the knowledge and experience I have gained from this project I had the opportunity to work on. I am truly grateful for the guidance of my committee, their insight and feedback, and their willingness to make me feel supported no matter what. This project has also blossomed more questions and a desire to learn more about how the arts can influence and affect the sciences. If only there was more time...
...just no more writing, please! :)

My graduate school journey is slowly coming to the close and the two last things that I need to do are: 1.) edit and turn in my final paper and 2.) trim it down, again, to submit to a journal!

What a Ride!
Thank you!

TheChristyBel

My Supportive Committee
(From Left to Right: Dr. Adam Myers, Dr. Andrea Burrows, theChristyBel, Wendy Bredehoft)
Missing Dr. Joy Johnson
Photo Credit: Ana Houseal

Celebrating with My Science Methods Family!
Couldn't have asked for a better group to celebrate this wonderful moment with!

No comments:

Post a Comment