Friday, October 25, 2013

Escaping Off Campus: Two Ocean Hike

So, this morning, I really needed to escape campus and do something outside.  Maybe it was a feeling of 'cabin fever,' but I think I needed to just venture out on my own.  So I texted my friend Chris (a friend of a friend from EMS who lives also in the park), and told him we should go on a hike.  He suggested Two Ocean Lake since it was still in the park, far enough away from Kelly, and had some great views.

Two Ocean Lake was roughly a 6.0-mile round trip.
The weather was absolutely gorgeous!  It was definitely shore-sleeved weather!  I couldn't believe it!  But we just strolled along the trails, chatted, and just had a great time outside.

Overlooking the Grand Range!
It was nice hiking with someone new that was not associated with the grad program.  I think there comes a point where you just need to go do things on your own, at your own pace.  Mainly I think space was needed, at least for me.

Two Ocean Lake
We had a little snack-lunch thing in the tall grasses of the Two Ocean Lake.  It was absolutely beautiful there.  There were no clouds in the sky, it was warm, and just an overall great day to be in the park on a Friday-Day-Off!

The Golden Brown Willows
Such a great day!  Next entries, you will hear about a new fishy-friend that now lives in my cabin and my trip to Yellowstone with Mandy!

Until then,
TheChristyBel


No comments:

Post a Comment