Saturday, March 25, 2017

Preserve Auction Donation

On Saturday, June 10, the Mohonk Preserve will be hosting their Annual Auction at the Mohonk Mountain House. Last year, I noticed that a few staff were able to donate things to the auction that they made including artwork. Me, being a competitive artist, wanted to donate something to the auction and of course, show off my artistic talents! So I wanted to submit something that reflected the Preserve. I have been admiring many of the Preserve's volunteer photographers and wanted to draw one of their drawings (as long as I got permission). Submitting a piece of art that was 1). produced by a Preserve staff member; 2). inspired by a Preserve volunteer photographer; and 3). showcased a local fauna that can be found on the Preserve...definitely reflected the Preserve in many ways.

For the past month, I have worked on this drawing pretty much every night after work. It was a great brain break and it felt good to get my hands dirty with charcoal again. I definitely want to get back into my art on a regular basis and giving myself projects like this can get me back into the groove.

I cannot wait to see if the auction attendees like my drawing and hope they decide to make a bid on it!

TheChristyBel

The Inspirational Photograph of a Spring Peeper
Photo Credit to Renee Zernitsky
Phase One
Phase Two
Phase Three
Phase Four
Finished
Complete in the Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment