Thursday, March 16, 2017

Cross-Country Skiing at Lake Maratanza

A few days after Winter Storm Stella finally left us, I was able to leave my house and venture back to work. Although I left work early to actually go play in the new snow. I decided to get my money's worth of my cross-country ski rentals. I drove on over to Sam's Point and decided to xc-ski around Lake Maratanza. It was amazing. Want to know why? NO ONE WAS THERE! I got to make the first tracks on the tracks! Soooooo awesome! The day was gorgeous with bluebird skies and the ski was a little challenging (as with any breaking of trails).

Breaking Trails! #FirstDibs
No One Was There!
Half & Half of the Burn & No Burn
After getting around most of Lake Maratanza, when you are at the most northeastern part, the wind began to pick up and the ski got really challenging. Since the wind was much stronger, the snow would drift and pile up in random large berms. So I had to side-step and fishbone to get down and up about a dozen berms on the loop. And the wind was so intense, I thought it was going to fling me up into the sky or at least knock me over. 

Lake Maratanza Covered in Snow & Ice
Lake Maraanza
When I got past the windy and snowy part, I passed the fire scar - again so cool.




The ski was awesome and I also found some cool nature finds too!
I am glad I left work early to get this ski in!
TheChristyBel

More Charcoal Pitch Pine Cones
Opened From the Fire
Who Was Here?

No comments:

Post a Comment