Thursday, January 28, 2016

Brain Breaks at Lunch

Right now, my work load is at a low peak. School programs and Pond Keepers have ceased until March, so most of my work has been stationed to a desk. It is pretty different from many other outdoor institutions I have worked for where we are in the field all year long no matter the season. But today, my co-worker, Erica, convinced me to go on a lunch walk with her. Sometimes you need a brain break and some time to stretch your legs. It was totally worth it! We hiked up from the Visitor Center, up the stair-master, along Undercliff Rd onto Overcliff Rd. Once we got onto Overcliff, we totally scrambled up this uplifted slab of conglomerate. It was hard and slippery, but the views were worth it!

The Top of the Slab and Overlooking Lost City!
Thank You Erica for Getting Me Outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment