Sunday, April 27, 2014

Franklin the Chinchilla

One of the graduate students told me that her boyfriend was giving away a chinchilla! I really wanted one since Lucy when I was back living in the white farmhouse with Austin and Amanda. So, I instantly said yes! However...I did not realize and well, totally forgot that they were nocturnal creatures. So after traveling over the pass to Idaho, grabbing a mega huge cage (the size of my cabin's desk), and all of his accessories, I had Franklin (secretly) in my cabin. Please note that you are not allowed to have pets (besides fish) in your cabins...oops.

He was just so adorable and placing him in a huge chinchilla 'hamster' ball was the most precious and cutest thing ever. However, that is until bedtime. You are about to head to sleep and then all of a sudden, Franklin would start barking and chirping sooooo loud. And that is when I knew...this new relationship was not going to work. I tried leaving the light on, giving him food, anything. He is nocturnal and you can't change that. And well, after a week of lost sleep, I called my friend back and said I can't keep Franklin. I would love to if I was living in a house with multiple rooms (where I did not have to keep Franklin in mine). But yea, this new pet only lasted a week. But he was sooo adorable!

Until the next time I live in a house again! I will get a new chinchilla!
TheChristyBel

Little Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment