Sunday, March 16, 2014

Start of Spring Break: Salt Lake City

So, it is finally here!  Spring Break!  Thank the powers from the heavens above that I survived!  This past winter semester and teaching practicum were extremely challenging and placed so many stresses on not just me but I believe the rest of the Kelly Campus.

For the start of my spring break I decided to go to Salt Lake City for a few days.  Luke is flying in to the Salt Lake City, so I went down a few days early to spend some time with Chris before Luke and I drove back to Jackson/Kelly for a wintery spring break.

On the Way to Chris' Secret Hiking Spot
Can you believe when I got down to Salt Lake City, it was twice as warm as it was in Jackson/Kelly!?!  I think Kim (who I road-tripped down to SLC with) and I left Kelly when it was 1.) Snowing, and 2.) like 15-20 degrees!  When we were driving down, we were de-layering as well as cranking our music with open windows!

Can You Believe That There is NO SNOW?!
When I finally met up with Chris after dropping Kim off in the University of Utah's campus, we decided to go on a hike.  Terrible outdoorsy-person I am, I did NOT prepare for how warm it would be in SLC, nor did I pack the proper gear and attire.  No standard hiking boots, just my Arctic Muck Boots...what a terrible outdoorsy person I am.  Since I thought I was only spending 2-3 days in SLC, I did not bother to bring the 'what ifs' for warmer weather.  Womp womp.


But none the less, hiking to one of Chris' favorite hiking spots on a gorgeous day was absolutely awesome!  I cannot disclose where it was since, Chris likes to go there when he had stressful days or when he wants to get lost in the woods. haha.  But clearly from my above video, you can see why...there is a rope swing!  Look how much fun that is!  Although it was pretty icy, so we had to brace ourselves when jumping onto the swing.

Snowboarding at Snowbird!
The next day, Chris and I got up early to, of course, ride the mountain.  I guess also the fact that I had just learned how to snowboard and told him I was playing on the mountain like all the other big kids, I had to prove it to him.  Just kidding.  But yes, we went to Snowbird Ski Resort, since Alta does not allow snowboarders to ride the lifts.

Expanding my Snowboard / Mountain Riding Terrain
Snowbird was so beautiful and fun.  And Chris definitely added some challenge to it taking me down all these numerous runs that may or may not have been way out of my comfort zone.  But I survived!  Thanks, Chris for putting up with my nervousness and constantly challenging me! Xoxo



Enjoy some videos of me being a beginner snowboarder!

And Here's Another One!


U-Shaped Valleys To The Max
13+ Years of Friendship!
Definitely want to come back down here for more adventuring on the mountains!  I think maybe this summer, I'll go back down and hike Mt. Olympus with Chris!  Sounds pretty intriguing!

Oh You Know, Swinging From a Rope Swing
More to come on my spring break and other adventure stories.

Stay tuned...not enough time in a day to do everything I want/need to do..........

Xoxo,
TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment