Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Color Running in Philly

Well, welcome!! I hope you all continue to read my blog once I get the hang of this.  I promise that these future posts will not be long or boring, or even worse a rant session!  This may be a challenge for me, but I am willing to take that challenge and raise you some cool adventures that I have gotten to partake in and share with you all back East or wherever.

So, here we go!!! And here is to the start of this new adventure: first off, leaving my jobs, and second, how do I celebrate leaving jobs: oh you know, by running a 5K!

Let me tell you, normally I wouldn't want to run ever in the summer, but after hearing about this one, I definitely had to experience it at least once in my lifetime.

Color Run Packet Scored at KOP.  Got a cool Tshirt, headband, tattoo, and wrist band!

So with Brenna as my Color Run buddy, we took on the challenge and signed up for this back in like March. Drove the ultra, mega scenic route and loop to King of Prussia and got out Color Run Packets. (Side note: KOP in the GPS, does not mean mall it means taking the darn PA Turnpike and being directed to the KOP Service Station on the Turnpike). Don't ask...

Brenna and I before we all got colored!

This car was pretty cool...can I exchange Little Blue for this?!

Then on Sunday, day of race, we got to Philly at like 615am...in the morning. We were the second team of runners to start running the route. Note there were over 20,000 runners at this thing! And we were the second group of prolly a few hundred runners to start getting colored!

Look at everyone who is about the get colored!

Finished the race in over 30 minutes, which was awesome cause we were a little nervous about even being given the chance to run since there were so many runners!

The 'Before-After' we ran the 5K...Little did we know that there was more color on the way.

I absolutely loved running through the color stations and screaming to get people to throw color on me! However you can't breathe when your in those clouds of colored dust. Dying.

After the huge Color Explosion at the stage!

The best part was congregating at the stage and partaking in huge color explosions! So fun!

We also won seat covers which definitely came in handy when we had to head home all colorized!

I am definitely going to do these when I'm out west! I think I better start training, cause I'm pretty sure the course won't be like flat course Philly...but I am probably going to be looking at mountains and a HUGE incline! 

I got this!

Boom!

Until next time,
TheChristyBel

1 comment:

  1. Okay Christy, the Dream Team is on board with you and wishing you good luck on your trip. And, we are looking forward to the photos of those mountain! By the way, Jim is in the Manor Care home in Pike Creek recovering (we think) from stage 3 Lyme disease.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete