Saturday, May 14, 2016

Raymond L. Burton, Sr.

Yesterday evening was an exceptionally hard day as we celebrated the life of someone who I have known my entire life. Ray worked with my father at the Delaware refinery. When my parents were in need of finding a babysitter, nanny, or daycare, Ray had 'volun-told' his wife she would take care of me while my parents returned to work. 
Since my biological grandparents lived overseas or had passed before I was 
born, Ray has been the closest figure to a grandfather for my brother and I our whole lives.

Since I was a few weeks old, my family and his family have become merged together. Despite no blood relation, Ray, his wife, their biological children and grandchildren have become an extension of my family as we celebrate every Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, graduation, birthday, and in between life milestone together. There is not a chapter of my life that does not include Ray in it with me. Even though future holidays, life events, and family functions will not have my 'grandfather' sharing these moments with us in person, he will be sharing these moments forever in our hearts.

To an amazing grandfather!

Ray, we will miss you!

With love, always, theChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment