Saturday, June 21, 2014

Survived My First Mountain Biking Experience

Earlier this afternoon, Marc gave me a mountain bike lesson in the Village today. Let me tell you, mountain biking here is so much different than when I went mountain biking back home...there were a lot more pads and gear involved this time! It was super fun, and I think I caught onto it really quickly. Marc was a great instructor; he will do really well when he instructs others on the mountain - very patient, supportive, and great with feedback! It was great using the chair lifts to get to a higher point on the mountain and then bike, well cruise, your way back down. However, turning when picking up speed still freaks me out, but I guess similar to snowboarding, it gets better when I get used to it and do it more often. Also, standing on a bike for most of the ride is really interesting too - key is to keep your knees bent! But overall, great afternoon learning something new! Another activity, I am tempted in getting more into! Uh oh!!!!....

Met a New Friend on the Trail!
Cute Little Squirrel!
Surviving the Mountain...This Time on a Bike!

More adventures to come!
TheChristyBel

No comments:

Post a Comment