Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Moving Out of Little Blue!


So, Monday was the day...I could finally move into the Teton Science Schools for their Graduate Program.  I was beyond excited and relieved.  Since about July 25 (I think), I've been living out of Little Blue, my car.  I bet she was beyond excited to have me move out of her and into my cabin I would be calling home for the next 11.5 months.  I know, crazy!

I left around 7:30am MST from Salt Lake City and drove about 5 hours back to Kelly, Wyoming to get to campus in time for Check-In.  There it was a really exciting moment to start putting names and voices with faces!  It's been about 6-months speaking with people I didn't really know or knew what they looked like.  

There I met one of the Graduate Faculty staff who showed us around and brought us to our cabins for move in.

It's Official...This is really happening!
Welcome, Miss Bel, to your new home, Cloudveil!
Originally I was supposed to move into Buck, a small room over the Maintenance Building, however, during the WFr course, I was informed there was an opening in one of the cabins.  I was beyond relieved and excited.  I was shown both rooms and was given the choice to choose which one I would like.  Buck was very nice, it was small, 'Christy-sized' however, there was only one window on the door.  Which I was a little taken-back when I found that out.  Cloudveil Dome was a small cabin that offered me TWO windows, a door window, a huge overhang near my door with room for a bench and seating!  Very nice to come out this morning and sit on the bench and read with my coffee!  So I bet you can imagine which one I chose!  AND..the best part, I have window room for some new plant friends!

Cloudveil and Buck are a little isolated from the rest of the Graduate Circle on campus.  A parking lot separates my cabin from the majority of everyone else.  But I think that will be ok if there is a total of 20 females and 4 males in the program.  So a little space is fine!

Also, the nice thing is about Cloudveil is that I practically have my own bathroom.  Not in my cabin, but a private bathroom next to me located in the Dining Hall.  So that is nice as well!

I think they knew which animal was my favorite!
So I moved in pretty quickly.  I am glad I didn't bring as much stuff.  Although I do have mom sending me a few packages of other things I forgot.  So below are the before and after photos of me moving into my new home.
Near the front door: my 'closet' and desk.
My bed area
I should have more to talk about, but last night was mostly just moving in and getting settled in.  Tonight, we will have a 2013-2014 Teton Science School Reception and Dinner welcoming all of the new 24 graduate students into the program with the faculty.  Finally, IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!

More updates to come...let me just get settled in first. :)

TheChristyBel



No comments:

Post a Comment