Sunday, June 4, 2017

Hiking to Lake Awosting

After several weeks of being stressed from work and this move, I needed some ChristyBel time. With that, a hike was is in order. So I hiked over to one of my favorite places on the Ridge - Lake Awosting. It's a good 4.3 miles from the Lake Minnewaska parking lot (one way). So hiking out my angst, negative energy, and stress on a 8.6-mile hike was the perfect medicine to getting me back to feeling like TheChristyBel. Since it was super cloudy and chances of rain, there were not many people on the trail. So it was great having the area to my self. :) 

TheChristyBel

Enjoy some of the pictures I took of some pretty cool nature finds:

A FOUR-Flower Star Flower
High Bush Blueberry in Bloom
Orange Hawkweed
More Pink Lady Slippers
A Lightning Struck Tree?
A Vacant Lake Awosting
Gorgeous Views of the Catskills

No comments:

Post a Comment