Sunday, December 25, 2016

Wool Felting

So a few weekends ago, a few coworkers and I went to a wool felting workshop at a local yarn barn. Felting is when you poke raw wool with serrated needles. Poking the wool with needles will constrict the fibers of the wool and cause them to tighten up and be able to mold into shapes. It was super cool to learn how to use unspooled up wool and turn them into shapes, then into creatures! Enjoy the steps we took to make a bird! I was so thrilled with my ending result of a goldfinch that I bought a kit from the White Barn Farm and made another felted friend during the holidays! I think I found a new hobby! Check it out!

TheChristyBel

Step 1 - start with some wool, felt it into a ball, then cover it with colored wool.
Step 2 - A colored body!
Step 3 - Add some colored wings, details, and a tail!
Step 4 - Add more embellishments
Final Step - Add a bright colored beak
Showing Off Our Birds (Even Everest Loved Them!)
My Moose I Made From the Kit I Bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment