Sunday, November 20, 2016

Taste of Rock the Ridge

Well, I have been convinced to join a team with three other co-workers and participate in the Preserve's annual "Rock the Ridge." This event is a 50-mile race up and down and around the Shawangunks Ridge! I know...what was I thinking! We are signing up as hikers and each solo racer or group are given up to 24-hours to complete this event. This morning, Marc and I participated in a "Taste of Rock the Ridge" where we joined other racers and hiked or ran on the carriage roads that make up the route of the race. It was super nice to get out on the land and be with some great people. TBD on more information on the race! Join me in wishing me luck (which I'll need) and hearing more about it!

TheChristyBel

Starting Out at West Trapps on Undercliff Road
Getting Out Near Glory Hill
Group Shot of the Fellow Hikers!

No comments:

Post a Comment